Beeman SS1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Beeman SS1000

“I am very pleased with this Beeman SS1000 rifle. I...”

Written on: 16/03/2009

Solid construction - nearly all either wood or metal
Decent scope
Accurate
Versatile in shooting either .177 or .22 caliber
FPS as advertised

Gun itself is heavy and requires a decent amount of pressure to cock. This will not be an issue with 90% of adult shooters.

General Comments
I am very pleased with this Beeman SS1000 rifle. I bought it for plinking and to deter backyard pests, and it fulfils these tasks easily.

The first thing that I did was attach the .22 barrel. I tested it at about 35yds and my grouping was within an inch. The scope is more than adequate at this range. I don't have a chronograph, so I'm not sure of the exact feet per second, but the shots obviously had quite a bit more steam than my Daisy 22 SG: they were drilling fairly deep holes in the wooden post at which I was shooting.

After my initial testing and sighting-in of the scope, I set up targets at varying distances to test the arc. I was pleased to see that the gun shoots almost complete straight within 30 yards or so.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the look, feel, and performance of the gun. The scope is quite usable within the effective range, which is more than you can say for many of the other cheap air guns.

• Accuracy