Apple iPod Nano - 5th Gen Review

speakout's review of Apple iPod Nano - 5th Gen

Apple iPod Nano - 5th Gen

“I'm a huge fan of Apple and the iPod Nano 4th...”

Written on: 13/03/2009 by speakout (86 reviews written)

I'm a huge fan of Apple and the iPod Nano 4th generation is no exception. Quality product, exceptional looks and nice new curves ensures that Apple remain ahead of the game in this market.

First off the iPod Nano 4th generations' screen is much bigger which means that playing games on it is now ok. The new deisgn has also incorporated features such as the screen rotation meaning you can flick it over and I like the fact that you can just shake it to shuffle the songs. However, if you're out running or just walking about it's advisable to lock it to stop shuffling your songs all the time!

The new curvier iPod Nano feels much nicer in your hand. The one downside of getting the newer one is that it does not charge on my Bose sounddock which is really annoying. It also does not charge from the Mini adaptor we had fiited which is equally as annoying. I know that other reviewers will tell me that is just life and how these bods make their money and I would totaly agree. It's just galling that you spend £200 on a bit of kit like the Bose for it to be rendered obsolete. Like others before and after me, no doubt I will be be buying new products to upgrade it. Hey ho!

Lastly, I have to say that what initially drew me in was the advertising for this great little gadget. You can't help but be enticed by Apple's whole brand persona at the moment and they (for the moment) can't seem to put a foot wrong.