Winchester Super X3 Field Review

talalkhan's review of Winchester Super X3 Field

“I sold my AL391 Urika Optima to purchase a Winchester...”

Written on: 09/03/2009 by talalkhan (1 review written)

Good Balance, Natural Pointability

Poor Action "Lousy", Loose Fore end that keeps rocking all the time! Misses Cartridges, Package is too expensive if compare to that of Beretta

General Comments
I sold my AL391 Urika Optima to purchase a Winchester Super X3 Field. I feel sad for that!!! I purchased SX3 by deeply studying reviews on web but none was against the gun till I practically used the gun myself. First problem that I observed was its loose fore end as the gun keeps ticking in your hand "Wooden Stocks!" you swing the gun you mount the gun you hold the gun it just keeps tick tick tick tick tick. Later the biggest flaw that I observed was the gun not picking the cartridge at all! You fire one and when go for second shot and a click! Third after repeat fires its action sort of gets heavy and one feels it manual cocking the gun the action jams! Over all! When I purchased beretta it was a complete package! A plastic box with complete set of chokes and accessories required even the gun oil on the other hand SX3 came with a cardbox only 3 chokes and UNWANTED gunlock to lure the customers... Above all, when I tried to contact Winchester customer services to know if they can resolve or educate me about its major problems I recieved no feed back only a mail came from customer services who claimed that they can resolve my problems but that was it...So a POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AS WELL!!! I sold it for all the good reasons and would buy Beretta back and in semiautos no doubt IT RULES!

Guest's Response to talalkhan's Review

Written on: 03/07/2011

here my review I About the Winchester SX-3. It's not the great gun most people think.
I think this follow has hit the mark on this gun. I can't believe all the good reviews on this gun. I bought one, Winchester had it more times for repairs than I had it to shoot. They offered to buy it back from me, but I said send me a new one because I love the way the gun looks and feels and though it was just a fluke . Well I got the second one. It came sopping with oil all over the receiver, I took it apart, found shared of metal all over the inside of the receiver, cleaned it and examined it for damage. I found the back of the aluminum receiver being hit by the steel bolt, just like the first gun. Being left handed I changed the safety to suit a lefty. I took the gun to my trap range just to check it out. At the 27 shot the gun malfunctioned, just like the first gun, the trigger became jammed, the safety wouldn't move and I had to get off the line. I cycle the gun by hand several times and pushed on the safety until it moved and finally the gun was working again. When I got home I disassemble it to find a piece of metal in the shape of about a 3/4 of a circle and less than the thickness of a hair, also the scoring at the rear of the receiver was becoming worst.
Winchester originally offer to buy the gun back the first time, I'm calling them on Thursday because the person I have to speak to is on vacation. Two guns, same problems. There were other problems with the first gun, but I'm not going to get into it here, these are the serious ones. Making a gun with an apparent aluminum receiver with no buffer to protect it from a steel bolt is just plain stupid. Anyone who says this gun is great has either not shot it much or just knows little about guns. I'm keeping the photo's of the damage to the gun and will be spreading them across the Web if Winchester doesn't come across with the money. This gun is pretty, but it's not dependable, I put it in a class with some of the worst engineered guns I have even seen, Anyone reading this please take this warning and stay away from this gun. I bough this gun for goose hunting, It's hard to hunt with a gun and enjoy yourself when you don't know if the gun is going to shoot or not. If you're stupid enough, as I was, bring another gun along. Foul me once shame on you, foul me twice shame on me. I'm the foul and I guess I'm paying for it with all this grief. No more guns with aluminum parts. By the way, as the aluminum is eroding where do you think the metal is going, you guested it, down into the trigger mechanism. I forgot to mentioned this, close examination of the trigger showed gouges in the trigger where it contacts the safety.

If anyone is interested in seeing the photo's of this brand new gun with only 51 shots out of it you can email me your address and I'll be happy to send them to you. It would be my pleasure to save someone all this money and saving someone from making an awful mistake as I did.

Lou
lmaraio@gmail.com sent to a couple of other poster

Ss1980's Response to talalkhan's Review

Written on: 10/01/2013

BIggest mistake indeed. Go back to B guns!