Elizabeth Laird, The Garbage King Review

Guest's review of Elizabeth Laird, The Garbage King

“The Garbage King was first read by me in the summer....”

Written on: 03/03/2009

I liked the development of the two main characters. I enjoyed the way that Dani becomes more confident and finds himself. I read the book quite quickly and recommended it to teenage children in my class.

The story is written for children and I haven't got a criticism. Personally, I would like to read a book aimed at an adult audience that has a raw realism to it.

General Comments
The Garbage King was first read by me in the summer. It was a last minute decision to grab the book from my city library. I saw that it was a brand new book and I would be the first to read that copy. I read it quickly and didn't want it to end. I think that it skipped from one story to another very enjoyably. The part where the boys become gang members and find their talents left me wanting more. I have used this book as the class novel for my English class. My students have found the characters easy to follow and understood. The story provokes debate on a range of issues.

• Paperback

Format

Click here to check out all the books available on Amazon
Amaon Book Store