Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Review

Mendy Brendy's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“I stumbled upon this product after searching for tips...”

Written on: 28/02/2009 by Mendy Brendy (12 reviews written)

I stumbled upon this product after searching for tips on how to plaster over our horrible artex. I then came across this website and was encouraged by the good reviews so bought it online at Toolstation.com for just £22.64 with free delivery.

I ordered it on Thursday and it arrived by courier today (Friday), then got straight to work.

A 2.5 litre tub of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover was more than enough to cover a 2.5m x 3m ceiling and having read a few of the reviews decided to cover it with cling film and leave it for some time. I checked it about 6 hours later and thought I'd make a start.

I used a long arm blade scraper and under an hour later the ceiling was cleaned right back to the plaster coat, a perfect finish ready for painting.

The artex was degenerated into a gooey consistency similar to that of hot mozzarella so make sure you have good ground sheets down.

There is an odour to the x-tex but it's not unpleasant at all.

I cannot recommend this product highly enough.

BRILLIANT!

Don't pay any attention to the bad reviews, I would guess that those people didn't follow the instructions.