Gamo Shadow 1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Sifu456's review of Gamo Shadow 1000

“This is my update in hindsight I first bought the Gamo...”

Written on: 25/02/2009 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

Good value for the money in the end a nice if not adquate air rifle for the casual things one would use a air rifle for. After owning 15-20 and handling others expensive air rifles I believe the Gamo S1k could have been my one and only AR.

Needs a lube tune but even the more expensive air rifles are better with a lube tune. Plastic trigger guard but even RWS 46s has the same.

General Comments
This is my update in hindsight I first bought the Gamo S1k in 2004 now 5 years later and 7k pellets through it. After numerous informal club competitons and comparisons the Gamo is still shooting accurate and strong. It is my goto air rifle for most things from pest control, hunting, 10 m target and at unofficaily 75-80 paces long range clay disk smashing. It such a good aair rifle I bought a .22 Gamo Suprem to go along with my 1st .177.

Now I do have better looking, better made and more accurate air rifles but in reality they amount to noticeable but small maybe more consitent hits inside a dime or thumb pin groups or bragging rights or wall mounts. My RWs 46, Beeman and Tomahawk are more accurate. The R9 has a far better trigger, the RWS 34 maybe made with better material but in the end out of 20-15 rifles (I sold some) the Gamo S1k is the 5th or 4th most accurate and my goto rifle. Also I only got $118 + scope into the Gamo, some the other rifles scope& mount cost double that plus $250 to $300+ for the rifle..

If not for bargging rights and overall looks it could have been my only rifle and I don't think I would have missed much, except bragging rights.

At my club several contestants started out with differerent 1k fps starter air rifles from Crossmans, TFs, XBs, Winchesters, Daisys and others after side by side competition most went and bought a Gamo S1k or a higher quailty air rifle to compete with mines. I don't win as much as I use to but I'm still having fun.

The Gamo S1k after 5 years of rugged use is still a solid buy accurate and a very good reasonablly priced Air Rifle.

$1ks of dollar later I could have just spent that buck $118 and done everything that I do today well. In hindsight.

• Accuracy