Slumdog Millionaire Review

speakout's review of Slumdog Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire

“I went to see Slumdog Millionaire not really knowing a...”

Written on: 24/02/2009 by speakout (86 reviews written)

I went to see Slumdog Millionaire not really knowing a great deal about it having seen it advertised on a lot of London buses as being the 'most uplifing film of the year'. The film was well paced with endearing characters which made you laugh. There were a couple of incidents that make you gasp and not in a nice way but that's what makes it avid viewing. I am glad that it has received all the recent acolades at the Oscars and Golden Globes (as well as other awards) as Danny Boyle should be congratulated for such a brilliant job. Considering this film nearly didn't make it to cinema release, it just goes to show what a mistake the film company bosses would have made had they not supported the underdog. Go see it now if you haven't already...

• Cinema

Where Did You See It?

445749_Thaniamarie's Response to speakout's Review

Written on: 05/03/2009

I agree with this review because...I also find Slumdog Millionare the most uplifting movie of the Year.The plot of the story reminded me of the stories my sociology professor used to told us in our class.The scenes are so realistic that even me a non-believer of hope have a change of heart.