Robin Norwood, Women Who Love Too Much Review

Guest's review of Robin Norwood, Women Who Love Too Much

Robin Norwood, Women Who Love Too Much

“Women Who Love Too Much is a must for all women who...”

Written on: 24/02/2009

Women Who Love Too Much is a must for all women who come from unhappy dysfunctional backgrounds and who like me, find themselves unhappy with their painful, repetitive experiences of adult love. It needn't be this way. Now finally, with my own intuitive feelings to finally get out and with the help of this book, I feel I can look forward to building a new, positive and healthy life for myself. There is hope.

There are so many self help books out there, but this one is head and shoulders above the norm. I'm only into the first 5 or so chapters but it's messages have really hit home for me. After 10 or so years in therapy with a number of different therapists this book speaks directly to my heart and to my head like nothing else has. Coming from an alcoholic & sexually abusive family and then heading into one destructive and painful relationship after another, the messages in this book have helped me to see clearly for the first time in years about why it keeps happening to me. I've just made my way out of a 7 year relationship with a man who had children and an on-off partner elsewhere and who was essentially emotionally unavailable. I've been analysing and asking myself questions for 7 years about this relationship, why I feel so bad about myself, why love hurts so much, why he won't love me the way I need and why I can't fix it. Now I feel with this book I have the answers. There's a lot of work to do to help me rebuild my life but I feel I am better armed with the well explained knowledge this book gives.

• Paperback