Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Simon Spiers's review of Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28

“I have bought this little Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 as...”

Written on: 22/02/2009 by Simon Spiers (6 reviews written)

Great lens very versitile range
Small and light
Great screen
Images are good

General Comments
I have bought this little Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28 as a replacement to My Fuji S602 which I still use for indoor photography. The Panasonic has a huge lens range and takes very respectable pictures. I find that noise is visible on all photos I've taken at any iso, when viewed at 100%. This I know is not a problem for most people, but if I'm looking to blow up the images to a large size greater than A3 I might well notice it.

There are a number of useful options in the menu such as Iso limit, to prevent the camera using above a predetermined Iso setting a setting to automatically correct for light balance in an image and various special effect programs. For me this camera seems to be incapable of taking very close up pictures less than a few feet, something I think the old Fuji excelled in.

However I still think this is a great little camera, and as soon as users start asking what the signal to noise ratio is, noise will become a distant memory.

• Battery Life