Mossberg Model 500 Review

Guest's review of Mossberg Model 500

Mossberg Model 500 is VERY reliable. I got all sorts...”

Written on: 16/02/2009

Mossberg Model 500 is VERY reliable. I got all sorts of ice and grit in the action, let it freeze, and pumped a round in it and shot it about 5 rounds through it with no problems.

Good for leftys. It has a ambi safety.

Good solid construction.

Smooth enough action. One of my hunting buddies says that it is not that smooth at all, but it is good enough for me.

The only improvement that I can see that can be made is not really that much of an improvement. Just to make it look better, put a walnut stock on this gun!

Overall, it is a great gun. Awesome for a first shotgun (it was my first gun). I shot a squirrel that was on a tree with it at about 25 yards with #7 1/2 shot and an improved cylinder choke and it took one shot and it was dead before it fell to the ground.

For anyone looking for a good, reliable, "everything" gun, or if you cannot afford one of them fancy, shmancy, Benneli's, then this one is for you!