Armless Dragon, Cardiff Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Deanlw's review of Armless Dragon, Cardiff

“Well I decided to take my partner out to the Armless...”

Written on: 14/02/2009 by Deanlw (1 review written)

Wine Menu

General Comments
Well I decided to take my partner out to the Armless Dragon so that he could experience Welsh cusine!!!! I think the Armless Dragon should be renamed souless dragon. We arrived for 8.30 and we felt that the restaurant was cold so we kept are jackets on, unperturbed we sat down and looked at the menu choice, which looked very good . We ordered a bottle of wine, which the waiting staff seemed to just plonk on our table. I ordered cockles and laverbread fried cakes to start , the came back and try as i might could I find a cockle or much evidence of laverbread for that matter- no it seemed like I had been brought what was essentially a patatoe croquet, after asking the waitress where was the cockles I was advised this was apparently new menu and they were having some technical problems. She proceeded to get me another only for me to find surprise, surprise what seemed to be another potatoe cake with no hint of a cockle...the main course was in fairness very good...but desserts were ordred I had lemon and honey syllabub and my partner had panna cotta -----my illuminous yellow dessert came back ..it seemed to me to be more a lemon curd syllabub not an experience i would rush back to my partner appeared to try in vain to cut through his panna cotta but what he thought was perhaps an over zealous application of gelatine made this seemingly unachievable. This experience left us with £3.00 change from £100 spent.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined