Daisy Powerline 880 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Daisy Powerline 880

“I purchased my Daisy Powerline 880 from a friend for...”

Written on: 07/02/2009

I purchased my Daisy Powerline 880 from a friend for $15 in 1982 or 1983. This rifle has been my friend for a long time. I abused it as a teenager. I abused as an adult.

It has been sitting in my closet for years, moved with me from Illinois to Florida, through 5 different homes.

There are only two things I can saw about this rifle.

1.. It is the most accurate pellet rifle I've ever fired.

2.. It is deadly powerful.

I hear all this talk about how cheaply constructed the newer ones are and that saddens me. Mine is heavy, sturdy, true.

After 25 years, I've noticed I now have to pump it about 16 times as opposed to 10 like when I was a kid, and I know it is not as powerful as it was in the past, but I am still amazed by it every time I dust it off to fire at a few cans in the backyard. I am saving this rifle to introduce my 7 year old son to target shooting.

To summarise it is very powerful, very easy to calibrate and get sighted properly and very accurate. Not very loud, even at 10 pumps.

Only bad point is difficult to load pellets, especially in the dark.

If the new ones are half as good as mine then for $45 you are getting a terrific rifle.

• Accuracy