Siemens SL45 Review

• Reception

• Style

Nasser Bensaid.'s review of Siemens SL45

Siemens SL45

“I had this Siemens SL45 phone for over 6 months and I...”

Written on: 11/01/2002 by Nasser Bensaid. (1 review written)

The SL45 looks good..feels good...

Long downloads of MP3 files...terrible reception...awful Siemens support...hard to find accessories

General Comments
I had this Siemens SL45 phone for over 6 months and I must say that I was impressed by the look and the fact that it was the FIRST mobile that has a built-in MP3 player in it. I should have known better that a company like Siemens cannot really outplay the specialists Nokia and Ericsson in this area..but I was fooled by the look. Make no mistake about it, the SL45 has many features..calendar..stop watch...count down..games..calculator...and you should be ok with it if you use it as an organizer...but if you see it as a mobile phone, then look elsewhere...why? terrible reception..frequent disconnection...hard to navigate the menus...in short a total waste of money...accessories are in short supply...finding an original case is difficult...if u loose the original stereo phones...u will never get it back...the siemens hands-free is a terrible thing..u hardly hear anything with it..looks good though i u buy to admire it!!!!

I lost the mobile 3 days ago, and I did not shed a tear for it...imagine you are in car and you want to recharge and use the hands-free ..well you cannot with SL45 because Siemens did not think about an adapter that lets you connect to the mobile. I own a Siemens cordless phone that claims to have caller ID but it does not....if you complain to Siemens they say that they are working on the problem....they have been working on it for the last 6 months!!!!

I would simply say...that Siemens should not jump the steps and learn the art of mobile phone from the conceivers like Nokia and company....I give Siemens 2 for trying!!! NEVER AGAIN

• Reception

• Style

9802_Francis.'s Response to 9185_Nasser Bensaid.'s Review

Written on: 17/01/2002

This person is rubbishing an excellent phone. Ok it doesn't have USB transfer, its one flaw but you can buy a USB card reader if you are an MP3 freak. In every other respect this is a class phone, packed with features. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to give it 2/10 and say Siemens are clueless, well this review speaks for itself!