The Trumpet Inn, Ledbury Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

darkrayoflight's review of The Trumpet Inn, Ledbury

“The Trumpet Inn has been refitted and taken over by...”

Written on: 24/01/2009 by darkrayoflight (1 review written)

The Trumpet Inn has been refitted and taken over by Wadworth. The refit is tasteful and the toilet facilities are much improved. There is now a small beer garden which in the good weather would be nice.

A childs meal is £8 which is ridiculous. When I asked why my 18 month old should have an £8 meal the member of staff was quite unhelpful and rude to our party of guests. In the end we had to order a meal of sausage beans a chips priced at £8 for our little girl. The waitress brought out the meal without beans and when I asked where they were they reappeared 5 mins later in a boiling hot microwaved dish. So service was a bit clueless.

Generally the menu was all over the place as was portion control. Our party of 6 were happy with the flavour of the food but felt that overall it was overpriced. The service was not good however and whilst they advertise FAMILIES WELCOME. I would not recommend this pub to anyone with children aged under 12.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented