Select: Escan Anti-Virus Review

• Quality

Guest's review of Select: Escan Anti-Virus

Select: Escan Anti-Virus

“I have used this product Escan Anti-Virus about half a...”

Written on: 17/01/2009

- the AV software is based on Kaspersky, which is assumed to be a solid AV engine.
- Regular updates

General Comments

I have used this product Escan Anti-Virus about half a year now.

It had a very intrusive feel to it when I installed it (its components could be found all over the place), but nevertheless uninstalls properly, I believe.

The negative effects on system performance were the reason I eventually uninstalled it. Symptomatic was its "SCANNINGPROCESS" thread that would occasionally suck memory like hell and my computer would virtually become unusable, forcing me to reboot.

I just wiped it from my system and installed a different scanner/guard software. Windows runs visibly faster, everything works like a charm again.

Vampirefo's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2013

eScan is a huge powerful program which uses as many resources as you allow. If you are short on memory and processing power, setting eScan to a lower priority prevents the slowdown. RTFM.