Humax PVR-9200T Review

Pamelahunt's review of Humax PVR-9200T

Humax PVR-9200T

“This is undoubtedly an excellent machine. I live in...”

Written on: 15/01/2009 by Pamelahunt (1 review written)

This is undoubtedly an excellent machine. I live in an area of a weak digital and the PVR9200T delivers a very good quality picture. It could be argued that this is a Rolls Royce among set top boxes. I would have rated it at 10, however read on...

Humax's customer service that I experienced was appalling. My machine still under guarantee crashed. I found it hard to get through to anyone in customer services and I dread my telephone bill when it comes through. This is the only way I can contact anyone at Humax. Emails have yet to be answered, and even a call to their head office failed to deliver results.

After hours of sitting on the phone I did get through to someone who told me that a new machine would arrive in a couple of days and that they would want to take the broken one away. That was two weeks ago. It seems that their warranty department think that Pembrokeshire is close to Norwich. Three attempts have been made to dispatch a machine to me, or so I have been told, only to be returned from Norwich to their warranty department in London. The only people i can get through to are their Customer support people who seem very busy. Short of putting the machine in my car and driving it the 450 miles to London and delivering the machine myself, I am really beginning to wonder when my replacement machine will eventually arrive. I am at my wits end and I really don't know what to do now, because I can't get through to anyone at Humax.

• 6 - 12 Months