The Cock Inn, Beazley End Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Cock Inn, Beazley End

☆☆☆☆☆

“With a couple of friends over from NZ we decided on...”

Written on: 11/01/2009

pleasant staff of one.
Best chips ever.

visited 5th 2008. No heating. boiler broken. Freezing day 0C.
meal was very,very poor. We should have walked out. Pie had been overheated covered in gravy to disguise. Vegetables werw dry, over heated, mushy. Appalling poor all round.

General Comments
With a couple of friends over from NZ we decided on lunch at the Cock Inn. The four of us are local and over the years have visited the Cock many times, but not recently. 39 years ago I had my hen party meal there. We had all spent many happy new years with the landlords.

The lack of heating was unfortunate.

The food was appalling bad.

The general cleanness was poor. The windows had no curtains and needed a good clean. Two chairs 'captain type' had backs which were broken and slipped out of the frame with every movement. The place is tatty and in need of 'care'. The food menu had many items which were off. Because they had had a busy Sunday !

I had chips with my meal and they were the only best part .

We should have complained and walked out BUT we had our friends only for a couple of hours and were so busy catching up after 4 years we didn't bother also how embarrassed we were

It would have been nice to have been offered at least a free cup of hot coffee to amend for the freezing cold but no the coffee were on the bill. It's the only meal I have ever eaten in coats and gloves. We will NOT recommend a meal at The Cock.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented