PartyLite Candle Party & Candles www.partylite.com Review

lindylooloo's review of PartyLite Candle Party & Candles www.partylite.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“I do not recommend PartyLite because I think it is...”

Written on: 04/01/2009 by lindylooloo (1 review written)

None at all for me.

Overpriced in my opinion.

General Comments
I do not recommend PartyLite because I think it is overpriced. Guests pay for all the things you see in addition to the candles, including the consultants wages, demo kit, conferences and all expenses paid holiday every year, hostesses discount, free gifts for hosting and freebies for games - these are all paid by the guests. On top of that there is the catalogues and the percentage that PartyLite receive and packaging, cost of materials and the list goes on. One reviewer mentioned that it is environmentally friendly, but I wonder how environmentally friendly the production of partylites candles/holders are? I found that some of the Candle boxes were highly scented, but the actual candles disappointed.
In my opinion it is over priced, the demos I've seen were over done and the demonstration I went to was OK but in my opinion I was made to feel unknowledgable by the host regarding candle burning and care.

• Doesn't last at all

Longevity of Product

Ddevil226's Response to lindylooloo's Review

Written on: 07/04/2009

I disagree with this review because she has no idea! Consultants pay for their own catalogues ( £10 for 25), and also little giveaways at shows. The boxes are not scented...it's what's been inside them that makes them smell!

Helenhelenhelen's Response to lindylooloo's Review

Written on: 25/03/2010

I agree, I love the Partylite products, and in my opinion, they are the so nice to host. Things like Bodyshop parties are ok but they don't offer anything that you can't get in their shops, but Partylite you can only get from a consultant. Lovely.

473770_Glenda 123's Response to lindylooloo's Review

Written on: 17/07/2009

In any product that comes to the market there are research costs, marketing costs, retail costs , packaging costs, training, and these costs are passed to the customer( otherwise the company would nevermake any money). As far as ther annual holidays are concerned . these are awarded to the top consultants and unitleaders based on sales and sponsering and are a reward for hard work and dedication. Approx 100 out of 3000 uk consultants went this year, so I would say that every person who goes ( myself included) worked damned hard for their place.Most companies reward their top sales consultants, infact this pales into insignificance when you compare it to the bonus's some of the bankers get in London.man As far as price is concerned many people are prepared to pay the extra to get the quality. I you want a cheap candle that doesn't smell apart from paraffin, burn with a sooty flame and burn down the middle wasting most of the wax , then poundland will fit the bill. Have you ever wondered why people pay a fortune for a prada handbag or designer watch? its because they are getting good quality. Unfortunately there will always be people who aren't able to spot anything of quality and always want the cheapest and thats fine in which case either don't go to a Partylte candle party , or just buy a box of tealight an spot the difference