Shepherd & Dog, Ipswich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

cherylfinchuk's review of Shepherd and Dog, Ipswich

“My husband and I visited the Shepherd and Dog...”

Written on: 31/12/2008 by cherylfinchuk (1 review written)

I was disappointed with the food
I felt it was not worth the money.

General Comments
My husband and I visited the Shepherd and Dog Restaurant with two of our friends on 27th December 2008.

We decided to go for the bar menu as we had over done it on roast dinners over the Christmas period.

The menu looked lovely, I choose the salmon on risotto, with garlic bread as a side dish and my husband and our two friends choose Caesar salad with Turkey, pancetta, croutons and anchovies.

When the meals came out i did think that the meals looked very small, then my friend pointed out that there was no pancetta had been served up on the salad, he went to the bar and asked where it was, they said the chef had forgotten to cook it and would bring it out straight away.

As the salad consisted of 5 lettuce leaves, 2 slithers of anchovies, 2 slices of thinly sliced turkey, drizzle of sauce, a little bit of cheese and 2 slices of garlic bread for the croutons, they had eaten it all by the time the chief had cooked the pancetta.

My salmon was cooked lovely but the rice in the risotto was very hard still which ruined it for me, also the garlic bread I had ordered as a side I did not like, the bread just tasted of butter with herbs, I could taste no garlic on it at all.

When the waiter came over to the table, we expressed our views on the dinner, he didn't seem surprised that we were complaining and went to speak to a manager, who refunded us just one of the meals.

We didn't order dessert as we didn't want to risk wasting our money!

We will never go back to that restaurant unless things change.

• Bar

Food Type

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all