Remington 105 CTi Review

eusriso's review of Remington 105 CTi

“I received this as a Christmas gift from my wife. I...”

Written on: 29/12/2008 by eusriso (1 review written)

Gun is light, patterns well and I love the way it loads and the bottom ejecting is nothing but right.

The eject release button is sharp and difficult to get use to.

General Comments
I received this as a Christmas gift from my wife. I bought the gun sight unseen as none of my local gun dealers could get one from there distributors in Central Va. So we had a display unit transferred from a large national retailer. The gun came in almost 100% perfect, with just a couple of knicks around the trigger guard. I saved $500 by doing this. My first impression of the gun was I did not like it. The bottom feeding/ejection/auto loading is very different then what I am used to. It was also a featherlite and the recoil is very different from an 870, 58 or 1100 Remington that I have used previously.

After hunting with it now for 4 days, patterning the gun and getting used to the gun, I am starting to become a big fan. I have tried high brass and low brass shells all with the recommended 1290 fps rating or better. Zero ejection problems. I patterned the gun with the full choke using 7.5 Remington Nitro Dove shot and held a nice pattern. Also used Remington double 00 buckshot and the pattern held well. I still need to spend more time with the gun but the initial results are good.

As far as the auto feed of the first shell I was very wary of this, but after getting used to it I love it. Feeding the shells from the bottom has become natural for me.

The one thing I do not like about the gun is the eject release button is sharp and difficult to use for me.

My guess is that people who use Benellis, Brownings, Winchesters and others will not like this gun as it is very different. For those not set in there ways and can take an open approach to a "different" gun will be very pleased by the Remington 105 CTI.

Some people have really bashed this gun, based off of my experience with this gun those claims are unjustified. Some people claim that there were quality issues with the first batches of guns, I do not know about that but the SN on my gun is in the 6000 to 7000 range and it works fine. I also like that the gun is American made, I am unsure what other Auto's are manufactured in the US anymore.