Marks & Spencer's Coffee Shop Review

• Quality of Service

ronjo's review of Marks and Spencer's Coffee Shop

“Not enough gluten free choice. I have coeliac disease...”

Written on: 17/12/2008 by ronjo (1 review written)

Marks and Spencer coffee shop in Inverness. Staff excellent and extremely efficient.

General Comments
Not enough gluten free choice. I have coeliac disease and my sister is also coeliac and diabetic. Being diabetic she has to eat when sugar levels drop. On one occasion there were no g/f muffins and no pieces of cake (which is the sum total of gluten free!!!) I asked to speak to a manager and asked if I purchased a cake from downstairs bakery or something gluten free and sweet from confectionery could I give it to my sister (diabetic and coeliac remember). The answer was no, not allowed. I asked is there any chance of suggesting to management that their gluten free snacks in cafe be extended to include something decent for us coeliacs to eat. Answer again was no as she only gets certain amount of muffins in!! I explained that there is a limit to the amount of gluten free snacks of my own that I can take with me when shopping. My sister and I go to Inverness at least once a week and spend a considerable amount of money on laidies wear (several garments purchased every week) and feel that it would be really good to have something nice and g/free to eat with our coffee.

I have found that all summer and now even in December the store can be very cold. In the coffee shop, cold air blowing down from ceiling. I asked a ladies wear counter assistant why shop is so cold. Never got a word of reply! Another day I commented to lady in changing room that I found shop quite cold. Again not a single word of reply. Are staff not allowed to speak to customers any more???

• Quality of Service

• Inverness