Jakks Pacific Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles Review

chainmailjohnny's review of Jakks Pacific Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles

Jakks Pacific Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles

“I am very impressed. I have an old Russian night owl...”

Written on: 11/12/2008 by chainmailjohnny (16 reviews written)

Runs on AA batteries. Doesn't burn out optics if exposed to bright light. Can be used to move about in total darkness. With 2 modes you can turn off long range infrared and have no visible red light to give away your position. Offers both green or black and white display with flick of a switch. Weight is evenly distributed and comfortable for a child or an adult with adjustable sizing. False left eye monocular flips open for normal view. Clear picture, evenly distributed weight, long range selectable IR illuminator (on or off), on short range it gives off no visible light to give away your position, runs on AA batteries, battery run time aprox 5 hr.

Monocular vision instead of binocular so depth perception takes a little "getting used to". battery life about 5 hours. Cannot see more than 50 to 75 feet in total darkness. No focus adjustment. If the long range light is on it tends to bleach out the rear site of my airsoft pistol, and puts a red l.e.d target on your forehead. Field of view is not very wide giving a slight tunnel vision feeling.. Long range IR illuminator can be seen by target giving away position, not recommended to store for a week or more with batteries in them and it takes a screw driver to install batteries.

General Comments
I am very impressed. I have an old Russian night owl monocular and this blows it away, really no comparison. for a toy, this is really good. I can accurately fire both my a-5 paintball gun and even use the sites on my airsoft pistol in total darkness with good accuracy. there is no visible red l.e.d.(selectable long range off) to give me away as there is on my other night vision, so I stay concealed until I fire my first shot, and even then my paint balls or 6mm pellets are coming out of the blackness of the night. That is big in night games. It doesn't have a focus nob; although, it is focus free and yes you can see good enough to reload even an airsoft pistol mag without turning on a light, or for that matter easily fill a paintball hopper or change an air tank. FOR A TOY THIS IS BETTER THAN GEN1 NV MONOCULAR at half to a third of the price. Yes I recommend them. NOTE: THERE IS NO PROTECTIVE VALUE AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND anyone else use them for the same, possibly stupid things I use them for, but I do love them.
I use these to play air soft and they are better by far than my Russian NV. I can see my sights in total darkness and I am very impressed with them for the price. I do recommend them at under $80 they are a great deal and a lot of fun. The viewing screen (small lcd) is selectable from green to b/w and very clear