Epiphone Sheraton II Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

drobin's review of Epiphone Sheraton II

Epiphone Sheraton II

“My guitar instuctor has an early 80s gibson 335, it...”

Written on: 06/12/2008 by drobin (1 review written)

Love the guitar, looks sound, and the fretboard plays like butter.

None yet, i hear the electronics are not so hot but no problems yet.

General Comments
My guitar instuctor has an early 80s gibson 335, it falls short of that in sound only and not by that much. I just compared my Epi to a Heritage H535 and I'm telling you the Epi won in sound, the heritage felt a little better on electronics knobs etc, but that was it. No way would i buy any other hollowbody for the money it was a steal, if i put some Wolfetone pickups in it I'm sure it would be neck in neck with the Gibson for a third of the price.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Steveramone's Response to 423120_drobin's Review

Written on: 17/06/2009

I found this review not helpful because the guy is deluded. There is no comparison between a Heritage H535 and an Epiphone Sheraton. I bought my Heritage a few years ago and its sound, playability and build quality were so much better than my 67 335 thst I sold the Gibson. I have also owned an Epi Dot and a Sheraton - both korean - with the view that they would be a backup to the Heritage but they went the same way as the Gibson. The only banckups I would have would be another Heritage or a Yamaha SA - preferably an older one