Acoustic Solutions AV120 Review

• Sound Quality

Mac.'s review of Acoustic Solutions AV120

Acoustic Solutions AV120

“I am running a Denon PMA-250se amp, with a Technics...”

Written on: 02/01/2002 by Mac. (1 review written)

Good value for money.

No Bi-Wire option, only black ash

General Comments
I am running a Denon PMA-250se amp, with a Technics SP-490 CD spinner. Cables & Interconnects are all QED.

I have to say that I am in no way disappointed with these speakers! The Bass is tight, fast & smooth. High frequencies are not 'splashy' but clear and well translated. Midrange is perfect giving a superb sound staging image. Ideal for first upgrade into 'true Hi Fi'

I measured the speakers at 91db for sensitivity; power handling is not too bad at 130watts RMS each. (Peak power is 190watts) So these floorstanders can be driven hard with little effort.

The only problem is that there is no Bi-Wire option, and black ash is not everyone's cup of tea. However at £40 brand new, this is a bargain not to be missed.

87304_Mac.'s Response to 8339_Mac.'s Review

Written on: 08/04/2003

Since I started this thread, I am amazed with the positive response recived. I have had my speakers for 1 year and 3 months now. I have driven these hard over the time I have had them and the sound quality has hardly changed at all.
<br>