Iams Dog Food Review

Guest's review of Iams Dog Food

☆☆☆☆☆

“My 13 yr. old lab/shepherd mix has always been fed...”

Written on: 18/11/2008

My 13 yr. old lab/shepherd mix has always been fed Iam's Lamb and Rice dry food. Since last year, he got skin infections and has lost half the hair on his body. We thought it was just old age allergies (which he never had before), but the last trip to the vet turned on the light bulb. She asked if we had changed our dog food. We didn't, but had noticed that the food looked different than it used to. Then we found out through other concerned bloggers that Iam's changed ownership and the formula. It now contains grain ingredients from the grass family, i.e. oats. Spunky is on antibiotics for the infection and anti-yeast pills to kill the skin crud and odor. What a mess! If this was indeed Iam's fault, I feel they need to pay for my dog's vet bills. All in the name of the bottom line to make their food more profitable. We now use Purina Lamb and Rice, which has NO other grass grains than rice, and hopefully will be our permanent dog food for the rest of his life. I'm so glad to be able to find others who've had the same experience, or we never would have known if it was our dog's food.