Mark Anthony Bikes Direct www.activesport.co.uk Review

mme4tpc4's review of Mark Anthony Bikes Direct www.activesport.co.uk

“They sent me the wrong size shock to start with and...”

Written on: 15/11/2008 by mme4tpc4 (1 review written)

I did eventually get what I wanted.

General Comments
They sent me the wrong size shock to start with and didn't seem to believe me when I said it had been sent incorrectly. 'They're all hand assembled so how could they have got it wrong?' they asked me. Well I don't know the answer but my vernier calipers tend to be able to tell the difference between something that should be 165mm long and something supplied which is 190mm long. I returned the incorrectly supplied shock at my cost and asked for the correct shock to be sent along with a refund of my postage and packing costs.

After waiting another week the correct shock finally arrived (after chasing it up once, when I was told it had already been posted but actually it arrived next day delivery and was post marked the day AFTER they said it had already been shipped. No sign of any kind of apology for their mistake and I have yet to receive a refund of my postage costs.

I found them totally un customer-focussed. I'll stick to using Wiggle, CRC, All Terrain Cycles and other customer friendly bike shops in future. I only wish I'd read other people's reviews of this shop before ordering.

• Fox Rp23 shock

• Up to a week late