Mossberg 835 Multi Mag-Pump Action Review

Guest's review of Mossberg 835 Multi Mag-Pump Action

“I will probably do 95 % of the rest of my shotgun...”

Written on: 14/11/2008

The backbored barrel that is at a minimum a medium choke and gives shot a gentle progressive squeeze from the chamber to an exceptionally long choke tube. The Ulti Choke (full) gives you about three to three and half inches of squeeze as apposed to an inch and a half "CRIMP" in Remmingtons and Winchesters. The end result is the best pattern I have seen on a choke tubed shotgun no matter what the brand or tube being compared against it. With 3 and 1/2 inch shells it makes a novice look like a pro, with any near miss still being a take down. Be careful with close shots as the tight pattern will behave rifle like and lead to a miss with full choke. It will be the last shotgun I will give up.

It is heavy... It is a big gun that can handle big shells. If you are looking for a light, sporty, clay shooter, this is not the toy for you. I am also puzzled by the reports that the recoil is not that bad. It kicks like a mule when you have 3 inch or 3 & 1/2 inch shells in it.

General Comments
I will probably do 95 % of the rest of my shotgun hunting with this piece. I have put through at least 1000 rounds and I have not had 1 malfuction yet. I also own the cantilever rifled slug barrel. It is a complete system for anyone. Meat and potatoes shotgun that does the job better than most if not all premium choke tube shotguns. If you are interested in finding your crowned jewel with premium bluing and lavish decorative engravings to get oohs and ahhs "wow" looks, only then you will be disappointed in this shot gun...