Honda EM7000IS Review

jonacord's review of Honda EM7000IS

“I have this run Honda EM7000IS thru a transfer switch,...”

Written on: 10/11/2008 by jonacord (1 review written)

I have had for 2 1/2 years, I have used 5 times, one of the times was for 5 days straight, Always started, good on gas, I ran sensitive equipment with no problems.

While on eco throttle. if you need a large source of electricity quick, it might reset, like starting 240 well pump and separate drain pump for basement bathroom at the same time

General Comments
I have this run Honda EM7000IS thru a transfer switch, Runs computers, servers, plasma and LCD TVs, furnace, lights and separate master bedroom AC, sump pump, 240 well pump, and other pumps. This generator is very quite, I have bought an off brand before this and it worked 2 times at another location for basic stuff, when I moved, II could not get the off brand one to work, so I bought the Honda. I think they renamed this the 6500, this one does have the inverter technology.

Jonacord's Response to jonacord's Review

Written on: 16/03/2014

I am upgrading this review, its now 6 years later in 2014, I have since converted my beloved Honda generator to a tri-fuel thru generatorsales, and hooked to my natural gas, still starts oh so easy, still purrs, still 100% dependable. Honestly the one thing I can depend on is this generator, very little maintenance on this gem. I have gone once a year without starting it, had a year old gas in it, and it took 3 pulls, I really do think this will be the last generator I will ever buy