Eastwood LA125 Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

dek431's review of Eastwood LA125

Eastwood LA125

“Little history first. I am not a beginner, i have had...”

Written on: 25/10/2008 by dek431 (2 reviews written)

Price, build, looks and playability.

None at price, apart from original strings.

General Comments
Little history first. I am not a beginner, i have had high end Martins such as D28 and 00028EC, and Taylors.

Only review of this guitar on internet as far as i know :).

I bought this guitar as i have a kid on the way. I sold my latest Martin with the intention of sticking with my Fender Strat. However acoustic withdrawals kicked in straight away. So as my friend has one i had tried, i got one.

I purchased the natural one as my friend's blue one doesn't sound as good, possibly due to the finish.

Bass is good and the guitar is well balanced. Well built with no mistakes inside. Considering the price i am amazed at how well the guitar is made and how good it sounds. Currently playing John Mayer stuff on it which is executed no problem. I can't put the guitar down. I did think of upgrading back to an acoustic in the price range i am use to...but genuinely love the character and tone of this one. I did have to change the strings to elixr's as original ones were like electric, nickel wound and i guess due to the price a minor cut back, but did affect the sound.

If it was lost or stolen i'd replace it no doubts. I'm guessing there are bad ones out there but mine is perfect, well set up with nice action.

Well recommended, even to a friend.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard

Airlinefunk's Response to dek431's Review

Written on: 28/10/2012

I 'm not a beginner either. I have quite good experiences with Eastwood/ Eastwood Airline guitars. They're cheap, look cool I can't think of any disadvantage. Why spend money on a Fender/Gibson while an Eastwood/Eastwood-Airline will give you the same power/quality for 1/4 the price!