Holts Tyreweld Review

• Quality of design/construction?

Guest's review of Holts Tyreweld

“I have used this once on my own bike (Suzuki RF900)...”

Written on: 20/10/2008

As long as the hole isn't too big, it will get you home.

If the hole is too big, its useless.

General Comments
I have used this once on my own bike (Suzuki RF900) when I picked up a nail in the rear 90 miles from home. It got me home ok with a pillion too and stayed up until I could get the tyre replaced.

Also used it for a biker who I saw had stopped by the roadside with a puncture. I found the nearest garage and bought a can, he had never heard of it before. I followed him to the tyre centre to make sure he arrived ok - he did but left a trail of tyre weld along the three miles he rode there as it was coming out of a large hole as he was riding - but it still sealed the tyre fairly well.

• Quality of design/construction?

Tom H's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2008

Sounds like the puncture was too big - I think it says somehwere on the can about the maximum size of hole in the tyre.