Stephen King, It Review

dferry08's review of Stephen King, It

Stephen King, It

“I am a massive Stephen King fan, and have read about...”

Written on: 02/10/2008 by dferry08 (6 reviews written)

Excellent story, simple as that.

Some people may think its too long.

General Comments
I am a massive Stephen King fan, and have read about 95% of his books - I think the man is a great storyteller. He's the reason I read, and his epic Dark Tower series is as good as Lord of the Rings if you ask me. If my house was burning down and I had the chance to grab one book, it would be Bag of Bones or IT. I remember taking this book on holiday with me a few years ago and staying into read it while my family went to the beach.

IT follows the lives of a group of friends who have been haunted all their lives by IT. IT being their darkest fears, representing itself the majority of the time dressed as a clown. Responsible for the deaths of many young children, the friends reunite later in their lives one last time to attempt to destroy IT for good.

This is a book that cements Kings place as THE horror writer. Genuinely frightening, a book that is pretty much hard to put down throughout its 1000 pages. The way King creates this monster terrorising these friends is done expertly. If you read one King book, this should be it.

• Hardback

Format