Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk Review

VDodge's review of Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk

“I ordered around £150.00 worth of clothing from the...”

Written on: 23/09/2008 by VDodge (1 review written)

One member of staff was helpful.

They deliver to outside the UK, but did not give me the option of paying in euros, so when my billing address and delivery address didn't match up they cancelled my order.
Most of the staff I dealt with seemed very unhelpful to me. I have yet to speak to a manager.
I feel that they are saying i am not good enough to shop with them and i have to under go tests before i qualify as good enough to give them my hard earned money.

General Comments
I ordered around £150.00 worth of clothing from the Dorothy Perkins' website. Having shopped in various stores throughout the UK and being fairly happy with the overall experience, I was pleased to hear they finally deliver outside the UK. So I placed my order, received my email conformation. Then the next day or so I receive another email saying my order has been canceled, and to ring customer services for further information. So I do, and after nearly 2 weeks of back and forth emails and calls (from me) which are still ongoing, I still do not have in my opinion a reasonable answer for why my order was canceled. They say its because the delivery address and the billing address are different. That I'm not registered at the delivery address. After only living here a few weeks, and being in the forces, no, I am not registered here. I have given them all the information I can possibly give and it seems they give me nothing in return.
I made a complaint and then I am told that this has not been put into the computer and I should have received a reference number, when I thought that giving my order number should have been reference enough. My main contact went on holiday and apparently nobody handled her work load. After all this time of being polite and cheerful about this whole matter. I get irate once (which I do not condone) and get told the call is going to get cut. There never seems to be a manager around to speak to whenever I ask.
I am extremely disgusted with the customer service, that I had to write a review for other people who may also live abroad who are thinking about using this website.
A lot of the items that I originally ordered were in the sale, and I thought that although my order was canceled it may have been put on hold until the problem was sorted out. Apparently it hasn't and I have checked but 90% of my order has now gone as they were the last few items, or out of stock.

• Clothes £150.00

• Still waiting