JCB PCS38 Petrol Chainsaw Review

Frogeye's review of JCB PCS38 Petrol Chainsaw

JCB PCS38 Petrol Chainsaw

“I cut one tree up for firewood and my JCB PCS38 Petrol...

Written on: 20/09/2008 by Frogeye (1 review written)

Cheap to buy, reasonably light to handle.

didn't last

General Comments
I cut one tree up for firewood and my JCB PCS38 Petrol Chainsaw is already faulty. First the pump prime on the fuel side sprung a leek, I sent for a new one under warrenty, fitted it ,and now it has developed a flooding problem and will only run for short bursts. I contacted the parts supplier to send me a replacement diaphram and he could not obtain one. Hawked it around local chainsaw dealers to see if they could repair it and most would not touch it as 'you cannot get spares'. Finally , I took it to a local lawnmower dealer who said he would spend no more than 30 minutes looking at it but reckoned he would have to skip it as 'it was just rubbish'. He pointed to an enormous heap of chainsaws in the corner all waiting to be repaired and said he would get round to mine in about 12 days. I am now going to pay a little extra for a reputable machine with good parts back up, something like a Stihl or Husqvarna.