Egyptian Cotton Store of London- www.egyptiancottonstore.com Review

☆☆☆☆☆

jennywoodruff's review of Egyptian Cotton Store of London- www.egyptiancottonstore.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“Sent back one new and one old pillow case to Egyptian...”

Written on: 20/09/2008 by jennywoodruff (1 review written)

In October 2007 I brought the 2 full sets of Timeless bed linen, 4 pillows, duvet and topper, spent just under £900 . Good initial customer service which you would expect as they are trying to make the sale.

Within a few months the colour faded and sheets etc became bobbly and uncomfortable. As I had another set of linen which I hadn't used, I was able to make a comparison and even I was shocked when I saw how bad the fading was and the change in quality of the thread. Also noticed that on delivery none of the packaging gives any details about the thread count etc of the linen.

General Comments
Sent back one new and one old pillow case to Egyptian Cotton Store for them to look at. Waited ages for a reply, had to chase and was eventually told that I had overwashed the linen. The linen is not to be washed at temperatures over 40 degrees, 90% of my washing is done at 30 degrees so I knew this was not the problem. Wish I had seen this site before I purchased from this company. After much complaining I was offered replacement linen. Requested two samples, only 1 was a colour match but cost 30% more. Therefore as a compromise I said I would take linen to the value of one used set and requested a refund for the unused set, this was refused. During this process the topper split during a wash, was offered a replacement but refused as I was worried it would happen again and I would be out of guarantee. This was refused despite my solicitor pointing out to the company that their policy, on their website, written by them, states that either a replacement or refund is offered depending on the customer's request. My solicitor has written to them requesting that they refund me for the faulty linen and topper. No reply has been received so I am now going to pursue this through the small claims court. I will keep you updated.