My Great Grandfathers Restaurant, Tewkesbury Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of My Great Grandfathers Restaurant, Tewkesbury

“My Great Grandfathers Restaurant is a fantastic little...”

Written on: 16/09/2008

Fantastic tasty food, good service, friendly staff, nice decor, comfortable.

Pricey, lights a bit bright

General Comments
My Great Grandfathers Restaurant is a fantastic little gem of a place, sort of tucked away in the little Medieval historic market town of Tewkesbury! Warning: please don't get put off by the prices! At first glance you may think the prices are a bit over average. Don't walk away - go in, you won't regret it! This place has quality written all over it and the portions are massive. We had Thai fishcakes to start... made with fresh lobster and salmon and crab and a wonderful hot chilli, sweet, tasty sauce. That in itself was like a main meal! I had just left enough room for the Braised Lamb Shank and my boyfriend scoffed down the Tournedos Rossellini fillet steak. He must have enjoyed it 'cos he mopped up the sauce afterwards with some freshly baked rolls they provided. I had no room for anything else, but my human dustbin companion managed to squeeze in a Knickerbocker Glory (normal people would wish to share this feast).

I still frequently visit My Great Grandfathers and have never had a bad meal I strongly suggest you pay them a visit as soon as possible...you are sure to love it.

• British

Food Type

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Quiet/Refined