Garmin nuvi 660 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

romofsoton's review of Garmin nuvi 660

Garmin nuvi 660

“My Garmin nuvi 660 started to display intermittent...”

Written on: 14/09/2008 by romofsoton (1 review written)

Feature rich, or so it seemed, but not fit for purpose, see general comments.

It doesn't work for long and its cost me £400, see General comments.

General Comments
My Garmin nuvi 660 started to display intermittent loss of satellite signal after about 14 months. I am disappointed at the way they treat their customers. I purchased this unit for UK £400 because of its rich feature list and so called lifetime traffic updates. The traffic updates hardly ever work, they are absolutely rubbish. The problem with signal loss has become more and more frequent and I have been researching a fix on many GPS websites. I have even backed up the unit and reformatted the internal memory and then re-installed the software but I can't repair the unit. Sometimes it will give me a signal and then, more often than not, it will lose it. I am very frustrated because a GPS unit needs to be reliable, its really annoying when it packs up in the middle of a journey. Garmin refused to look into the problem unless I paid them UK £130, and I have heard that they just send out a reconditioned unit, well the new Garmin nuvi 770 costs only £160 now, but I will never ever buy another Garmin product, its not fit for purpose and, if all the articles I have read on this problem are true, then this is a major fault and Garmin should replace all affected units shipped. I can't offer any bright solutions as I am convinced that there aren't any fixes that work (and I've tried them all), the unit is just not up to the job, it does not do what it says on the box, Ronseal it definitely isn ' t.
A very disgruntled ex-Garmin customer.
Don't buy a Garmin.

• UK and Europe

Area Covered

• Free traffic updates and bluetooth

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Liam2742000's Response to romofsoton's Review

Written on: 16/09/2011

hi the same thing has happened to me no sat signal sent them a email and they gave me stuff to do and then do a reset which made me lose everything that i had stored on it .final i phoned had to wait 45mins be4 getting through and they said to send it back with 42pounds a another unit with 12 months warrenty