Cafe Toast, Childerditch, Brentwood Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

jamesplain's review of Cafe Toast, Childerditch, Brentwood

“for a cafe on an industrial estate its ok, though I...”

Written on: 11/09/2008 by jamesplain (1 review written)

friendly counter staff fast service

Didn't seem to have much choice, ran out of choice quite early in the day when I visited, needs a lick of paint.

General Comments
for a cafe on an industrial estate its ok, though I think there isn't much to choose from and it often runs out early in the day. The counter staff are very friendly and chatty. They do deliver to the estate which is a great help to all the different companies. It's a little expensive for a basic cafe and does need to improve the breakfast menu in my opinion. But on the whole I'd give it 6 out of 10.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Bartlem's Response to 400418_jamesplain's Review

Written on: 24/11/2009

This review appears to be quite a bit negative, I have used Cafe toast for over three years now and although I normally have the same thing most days/or when I go there, my colleagues I go with always try to mix it up a bit.
<br/>I either have a jacket or Cajun chicken pasta (which I thoroughly enjoy)
<br/>
<br/>I cannot honestly remember them or I ever not enjoy what we have to eat. On occasion they may have run out of Granary bread or maybe a french stick. But, i'm sure this is due to them being particularly busy. Surely, for them to have sold out, don't u think they must be doing something right!!!
<br/>
<br/>Give it another go, maybe u were just having a bad day?