Beny 808 Oxbridge V-fit Folding Rower Review

Guest's review of Beny 808 Oxbridge V-fit Folding Rower

Beny 808 Oxbridge V-fit Folding Rower

“I bought the Oxbridge folding rower and at first, used...”

Written on: 09/09/2008

Comfortable seat, good grip and chain. Attractive appearance. Excellent fitness item.

The foot plates are a little slippy. I attached two new velcro straps lower down on the foot plates (total now 4 for the two plates). This works fine.

The records for rowing competitions are based on Concept 2. I don't know how close I am because this is a different rower.

General Comments
I bought the Oxbridge folding rower and at first, used weighted rowing exercises in the gym, as I thought it would be too easy. It turns out over tens of minutes to be an excellent piece of equipment. Rowing replaced my occasional road running in the winter months. When I went back on the road the four mile runs seemed easy by comparison. It is easy to get caught up in attempts to maintain or beat your personal best time. 20 minutes leaves you breathless and the more your try to move quickly the harder it gets.

The cover on the wheel that the chain runs under was split by the chain and I asked for a replacement from Powerhouse fittness. This arrived free of charge. I've yet to fit the replacement and the original is just wearing down. I now view this as a consumable item.

Use an mp3 player with headphones, in my experience you won't be able to hear the radio.