TaylorMade R7 Superquad Review

decubber's review of TaylorMade R7 Superquad

TaylorMade R7 Superquad

“I purchased the R7 Superquad/Stiff flex and I'd...”

Written on: 08/09/2008 by decubber (1 review written)

This is a great driver. #1: It has a good balanced feel and it's effortless to hit fairway drives as long as you don't over swing. #2: My drives are considerably farther and straighter than with my Ti Sasquatch (15-20 yards consistantly farther).

The finish on the club head chips very easily (very annoying for a high priced club). Re-tighten the weights after hitting 25-50 balls.The two 12 g. weights loosened after I hit approx. 40 balls. The other two weights were tight and I haven't had a problem with them.

General Comments
I purchased the R7 Superquad/Stiff flex and I'd recommend this driver to anyone who struggles with inconsistency (I have a 17.5 handicap). I was a bit skeptical because Taylormade drivers sounded like tin cans (to me) but this club has great sound and feel. The one thing I will stress is not to swing out of your shoes with this club, a nice smooth swing is all it takes to get results out of this driver. This club has given me the confidence I was lacking off the tee and my scores are already improving in the short time I've had the driver.