Beretta 92FS Review

jimdykesbtw's review of Beretta 92FS

“I purchased my Beretta 92fs it was a bit of an impulse...”

Written on: 27/08/2008 by jimdykesbtw (4 reviews written)

Exelent quality
Good quality blued finish
Robust construction ... very similar to real thing
Very easy to clean barrel
uses 12G powerlets... theese are dirt cheap if you buy in bulk!!!

Typicaly low power... mine was chronoed with an average of 1.92 ft/lb's over 10 shots.
Seals and O-Rings are non standard sizes... very difficult to get unless bought from manufacturer.
Rather expensive for a "TOY" as its not a serious target pistol...

General Comments
I purchased my Beretta 92fs it was a bit of an impulse buy due to the look and feel of the pistol, I had to have it there and then so ended up paying top buck for it £160.00 if I had waited I could have got it from my regular RFD for £132.99 but I suppose impulse took over.
The gun is very easy to clean and work on, ( MAKE SURE THE WEAPON IS EMPTY OF Co2 AND PELLETS BEFORE ANY MANTANANCE!), to remove the top slide, one must remove the slot head screw located below the muzzle, once done hold the top slide and press the breech release catch... gently pull the slide off it should remove with no force at all, turn this upside down you will find to Philips screws remove these and remove the magazine locator, remove the plate behind this and the barrel will just pull out exposing the muzzle and breech main O-Rings ... Simple stuff.
The power is Typically low I chronoed 10 shots using a brand new "powerlet" and the RMS was 1.92ft/lb's and for this reason alone it isn ' t even considered a hunting weapon as it is more likely to hurt small vermin than killing them... so could be considered inhumane!
In general i love my 92fs, its great for plinking cans in my garage, if your in to target shooting in a club you should consider a rifle or a pcp pistol!

Superduke's Response to jimdykesbtw's Review

Written on: 13/06/2009

It is as you say,I got mine ages ago,still in good nick . .