Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Review

Guest's review of Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

Sony Alpha DSLR-A200

“I'm new to digital SLR photography, but I've been...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

Nice feel, nice balance, solidly built, incredible pictures and fast focus.

Burst speed - but I don't do that much anyway and availability of lenses.

General Comments
I'm new to digital SLR photography, but I've been using digital compacts for ages for work related stuff, and my old olympus compact gave up the ghost alone with my Fuji Finepix, so I had the ideal excuse! I've been using a Sony compact and was impressed with the battery life. Several friends use Nikons and Canon so I tried those out, but for me the Sony just seemed to work. You can set everything to "Auto" and it's just like a compact without the live display on the back so you have to use the viewfinder - which keeps my kids away from it! - It's MY toy - you can tinker with everything and see the results fairly quickly.

I have said about the availability of lenses - that might just be my area although I have been told that Minolta lenses will fit - I'll leave that until I know they fit for certain - I can be a bit ham fisted so I probably could make any lense fit although neither the camera or the lenses would be any good after!

All I would say is, try the other brands with an open mind it all comes down to personal preference, but I would happily recommend it to be in your three to try in the camera shop.