Youngs Brew Buddy Lager Review

• Easy of Use

Baz1210's review of Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

Youngs Brew Buddy Lager

“It's now 24th August and my lager has been clear for...”

Written on: 24/08/2008 by Baz1210 (3 reviews written)

Still a very good rival to commercial lager and much more convenient!

Took 2 weeks longer to clear than expected.

General Comments
It's now 24th August and my lager has been clear for about 4 days now, so for one reason or another, it was further behind schedule than i had hoped. I can't lay the blame squarely at Brew Buddy's door, because I was not able to lower the temperature of my brew as suggested. However, maybe the possibilty of delay due to temperature could have been made clearer in the instructions.

The resulting brew is very drinkable, somewhat more bitter than most commercial lagers, but this is not a problem to me, though my wife who likes a sweeter drink doesn't enjoy it quite so much. Some might say that is a definite advantage!

I opted not to use gas injection to pressurise my lager, primarily because of cost, and so, my brew doesn't have quite as much 'fizz' as commercial lagers. Again, I don't find this a problem.

Ultimately, the acid test for whether a product is good enough, is if the consumer is prepared to buy it again. As I went out yesterday and bought another kit for £8, it appears that I am convinced.

So, initial outlay was about 40 quid, new kits are £8- £10 for a standard brew, and (eventually) i got to taste my lager once it had cleared. It certainly tastes even better in the knowledge that it only costs 20-30 pence a pint, and I for one am a convert .

Happy brewing!