Moscow, Best Eastern Sevastopol Hotel Review

☆☆☆☆☆
From 1 review

Guest's review of Moscow, Best Eastern Sevastopol Hotel

☆☆☆☆☆

“Room at the Best Eastern Sevastopol Hotel was OK,...”

Written on: 22/08/2008

Room was OK, breakfast was good, floor lady was nice, but all this was offset by what happened to us there.

My wife and I had a terrible experience with this hotel. We had booked our stay here for the nights of August 2 and 3, 2008 through the Novosibirsk office of Olympia-Reisen, a German-owned firm which operates in Russia. They also booked us in hotels in Novosibirsk and St. Petersburg, where we had no problems. All bookings were paid for in advance.

After a great deal of trouble finding this hotel amongst the group of 6 or 7 similar-looking buildings, we began checking in at about 1 PM (13:00) on August 2, 2008. After beginning the check in process, she informed us that Olympia-Reisen and/or the Hotel Novosibirsk had not registered our visas properly, that we would therefore have to pay a Russian government "fine" of 2,500 rubles each, and that it would have to be paid in cash and paid personally to her.

After my wife demanded to know where the nearest hospital was because it appeared that I was about to have a heart attack (we are both 67), this woman suddenly "found" the appropriate stamps and dropped the issue.

As mentioned, this hotel is difficult to find. I had to go into 3 different buildings to locate it. It is far from visitor attractions. In the interests of honesty, I should add that the room was all right, the breakfast was all right, the floor lady was nice, and another desk employee - also a blonde woman but much younger, in her 20s - was very nice to us. The western terminus of the no. 11 Metro line (which has only 3 stations) is close by. Nevertheless, because of the horrible experience we had on checking in and also because of the difficulty in finding the place, I would not recommend it to anyone under any circumstances.

General Comments
Room at the Best Eastern Sevastopol Hotel was OK, breakfast was good, floor lady was nice, but all this was offset by what happened to us there. See above for the details.

I would not recommend to anyone.