Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Land of Leather www.landofleather.co.uk

“Took out Land of Leather's seemingly worthless GOLD...”

Written on: 20/08/2008

Took out Land of Leather's seemingly worthless GOLD level insurance, sold on a covered for everything basis!

18 months later the stitching came apart on the two seater sofa.

Filled in insurance forms after a grilling over the telephone. Sent them requested photos, with forms of defect/damage. 3 weeks later they sent out someone to speak to me again in person and take more photos. (It seems A4 size photos sent by myself were not good enough).

During the home visit I was advised however, that you are apparently not supposed to move the suite or sit on it, so it seems. A further 4 weeks later

Land of Leather/Homeserve just sent out standard no claim on policy letter (no excuses, I was just to look at Insurance policy documentation for one of their many reasons why they will invalidate a claim - it looks as though I am bound to fall into one category or other). Anyway from what I have been reading, it seems I have received nothing other than their usual level of customer service.

Now I just want to know how to dismantle the wretched thing so I can throw it on the skip???

• 2 & 3 Seater Recliners £1250

Naomi Mccartan's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2010

I bought a 3,2,1 in land of leather Northern Ireland 16 months ago. I also paid the gold insurance. The leather started to peel down the sides of the 3 seeter, and I rang homeserve. They sent out a man who took photos and wrot a report. He was not a very sociable person. I got a reply the next week stating I wasnt covered, as it wasnt covered. My policy states it covers peeling of the leather, I was told it wasnt peeling. WHAT DO THEY CALL PEELING.
<br/>I appealed the insurance claim and stated how my policy said I was covered for peeling and why was i beiin denied this claim. A few weeks later I received a reply stating they had looked into the claim and the insurance had made the right decision, and the peeling which they said isnt peeling is not covered. Anyone know what else can I do or where else do I complain to, as I am determined I am not giving up. I cannot afford to buy a new sofa, and the 2 seater and chair are fine, and I was told when i bought the insurance, that the gold policy covered everything.