Gamo Shadow 1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

patrickr's review of Gamo Shadow 1000

“This is my first rifle, so i have nothing to compare...”

Written on: 13/08/2008 by patrickr (1 review written)

Nice open sights
1000 fps
Weather proof synthetic stock
Scope Stop
Plenty of potential
Easy to load

Poor standard trigger

General Comments
This is my first rifle, so i have nothing to compare it with. Firstly, this is not in the league of Air Arms, Weihruach, Steyr and Theoben, so it is pointless comparing it with one. It is aimed at the beginner/intermeddiate shooter who wants a good plinker/hunter. I got mine second hand with a NS 2-7 x 32 scope, GRT-III trigger and the guy did a real nice camo paint job on the stock.

My first shoot with the gun was a real eye opener. I had only shot with my cousins 550 fps air rifle before, so a 1000 fps scared the hell out of me. I got some 8 mm masonite to shoot at and it plew holes straight through it. Hehe no wonder field targets are metal! It is accurate enough for hunting and plinking, but pro FT shooters will not be impressed because it will NOT shoot 1/2 inch groupings at 50m. But that is not what it was designed for.

If this was a car, it would be a Ford Focus. Great looking, powerful and alot of fun, but will not be the same as a Ferrari. If you want a gun like a Air Arms, etc (Ferrari), you must expect to pay alot more and know that you will get the best.

All in all this is a great rifle that will give me, my future son, and my future grandson alot of fun, and that s the way i like it.

• Accuracy