Baby Jogger City Mini Review

Guest's review of Baby Jogger City Mini

Baby Jogger City Mini

“I am a guy who likes to completely research a market...”

Written on: 11/08/2008

Too many to list, here is a few: Easist folding system out of the lot, very light weight, super shade, suitable from birth. Excellent price point.

Not really a bad point as the height of the handle bar is well positioned, but it is not adjustable. Also only front wheel suspension, but then it is ample for day 2 day use in the streets, shops and walks and strolls.

General Comments
I am a guy who likes to completely research a market before making the plunge for anything, be it plasma TVs, digital cameras and so when it came to buying a pushchair for our new born my wife was at loose-ends as it took me about 3 weeks to finally decide ona model. The BabyJogger City Mini. And boy, was it worth waiting, even my wife agrees. The funny thing is I only came across this model very late in my search, that is, the penultimate day before making the purchase, and having seen and tested a lot of the rest of the models, it didn't take me long to realise that this is the best 3 wheelers for every day use. Firstly, the brilliant thing about it is the foldinging mechanism. Baby Jogger has been making joggers for about 20 years, and their folding mechanism was patented many years ago, and therefore no other company is allowed to copy it.
It's a one-handed operation, and ultra compact once folded. Also as it weighs about 7kg, it is very managable by the most slight of people.
It really is worth having a look on the Baby Jogger website to see a video if how this chair folds up.
The hood is equally brilliantly designed, on full coverage it looks great, and comes right over the baby providing lots of shade from sunlight, it comes over almost 180 degrees.
However, it has different positions that the hood can be kept at depending on how much coverage is required. Further, the hood has 2 lovely observation windows so you can always see what your baby is doing.
The stroller can be used from birth, with the seat in a full recline position, again, there is a lovely netting on the back so you can very clearly see your baby, and if the weather is a bit cold or windy, then there is a supplimentry cover provided with covers the netted section.
Baby stoller is an american company and each unit is hand-made and test seperately.
And the company offer a full lifetime warranty on the frame - that's saying something about the build quality.
You'd think the most perfect 3 wheeler, with a lifetime guarantee would be costing over £500.00, this is the best bit though. The RRP is £180, however, you can find it online quite easily for about £150, and we finally bought ours from Argos for £130, (except we paid £117 as a friend of ours works there and availed his staff discount).
I was amazed that this stoller is not more popular but i guess that they've not marketed very well. However, that doesn't bother me, as it makes our stoller stand out fromt he crowd, and there really is a big WOW factor with the way it easily folds.
I'm very glad I researched properly and found this model. Other models that I was considering were, Baby Style XTS twister, the Out'n About Nipper, M&P Luna Mix, however, this is the best of the lot.

• 3 Wheeler

Type of Pushchair

Guest's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2011

wow, impressive, i called my partner and discussed your review, and we have decided to get this also.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2011

I haven't seen a bad review yet on this pram and am looking forward to owning one very soon. Thank you.