Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (DS) Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

lewigy's review of Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (DS)

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (DS)

“The DS just shouldn't be cabable of such a fast...”

Written on: 07/08/2008 by lewigy (4 reviews written)

True to it's bigger console versions. Highly addctive. Jaw dropping graphics from the DS

Computer controlled team members are not very helpfull (one or two have blown me up with a granade they've thrown at a wall in front of them DOH).

General Comments
The DS just shouldn't be cabable of such a fast paced/graphicly superb game like Call Of Duty 4. The controls are simple and effective, but can take 10 mins or so to get used to. I've got a PSP with Brothers in arms D-Day, its total PAP compared to Call Of Duty on DS. All I was expecting was a simple shooter that I could take with me on the DS whilst sat a trains etc BUT what i found and was blown away with was a fully playable graphicly jaw dropping war sim. You ride on the back of a HUM-V blasting a cannon and blowing up buildings and oil drums at speeds I simply didn't realise the DS could handle! You ride onboard a helicopter in levels that you never tire of, shooting at enemies on rooftops blowing up crazy enemies in jeeps fireing high powered connons "It's all crazy and sucks you in". Theres loads of sneaking around buildings. The bomb defusing bits are a great idea where you use your stylus to join up wires before the bomb blows! If you have no fancy PS3 or X-Box and have a DS hanging around even if it's your sons/daughters "GRAB A COPY OF THIS GAME" I've bought tons of games I put down within hours and never pick up again. COD4 gripped me and had me play through hunger and thirst to carry on for days until I fell asleep on the little touch sensitive screen, only to wake up grab a Brew and carry on (Took me 6 days to complete 6hours a day! that was a surprise too I never thought the little DS could hold so much data on a small cartridge).

• Graphics