Ash Cycles www.ashcycles.com Review

sqwerty's review of Ash Cycles www.ashcycles.com

“I purchased a lovely bike from www.ashcycles.com, a...”

Written on: 07/08/2008 by sqwerty (1 review written)

Delivery on time, just a shame it wasn't fit for purpose.

Service, and Attitude to Faulty Items

General Comments
I purchased a lovely bike from www.ashcycles.com, a shame about the defect, but this can happen to any item what shouldn't happen is the terrible after sales service I experienced to rectify any issues.

The bike arrived on time in good order but on assembly the seat wouldn't go down due to a wield inside the frame protruding, the shops suggestion was to file it down myself! Yes I always carry specialist's tools with me... then I was told if I didn't have a file I could always re engineer the seat to fit, silly me forgot to go to bike building and re-design class. They did offer to take the bike back in its original wrapping and condition, but this was only after the above and of course the electrical bag ties I had cut to release the bike had to be reassembled too!

Regards, Disappointed

• £209

Pedlerman's Response to sqwerty's Review

Written on: 26/09/2008

My humble opinion would be that next time I would suggest you by a bike from your local IBD. Buying bikes on line, even if you save your self £200 or more is just wrong. I believe that bikes just shouldn't be sold mail order full stop.

Robbiesduck's Response to sqwerty's Review

Written on: 05/08/2010

I agree with the above comment. This website in particular has an awful reputation for customer service and this is backed up by personal experience. Local shops are more able to deal with problems and offer warranty on items, although other websites may be more competent and better at dealing with customers than the rude staff at ash cycles.