Sun Laboratories Express Liquid Tan Review

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

Laura's review of Sun Laboratories Express Liquid Tan

Sun Laboratories Express Liquid Tan

“I must admit, the first time I used Sun Laboratories...

Written on: 06/08/2008 by Laura (1 review written)

Natural colour, dark without looking orange, does not seem to fade easily, free application mitt with every bottle, bottle lasts quite a while, easy to apply (after a few practices!)

Does turn quite dark and the first time I used it, it stained my hands and elbows. It took me a few applications to get the hang of it, does dry my skin out a little. Price.

General Comments
I must admit, the first time I used Sun Laboratories Express Liquid Tan I was hesitant to use it again. But I gave it another try and after that, application became much easier. I was recommended this product by a friend. I purchased it from Harvey Nichols but I believe it can also be purchased online.

The tanner comes in a 150ml bottle which is not very big but as it is a liquid rather than a cream, a little goes a long way. An application mitt comes free in the box which is handy. I wont be applying it to my hands or face any more as it dried my face out and stained my hands. After learning my lesson though, I now mix the tanner with some moisturiser and apply to my hands which gives them a nice tint rather than having white hands! Oh and of course I thoroughly exfoliate beforehand.

The tanner just gets applied to the mitt and smooths onto the skin, I find long strokes are the best way to apply, starting with the feet and working upwards. The liquid is a very dark brown but this is only the guide colour so you can make sure you have applied it everywhere. The product actually smells nice on application, it's supposed to smell of cherry almond or something! But, once it has dried and starts to develop, I find it starts to smell like the usually nasty fake tan smell. It dries really quickly but you're not allowed to shower for 7 hours so it's better to apply at night before bed. I haven't found that it stains the sheets like fake bake does. When I shower, the dark colour guide washes off and I'm left with a natural looking, even tan. I have quite pale skin and dark hair so I usually apply a few coats.

The first time I used it I had to moisturise every night because my skin felt quite dry. Since then I have used it quite a few times and haven't needed to moisturise (I'm so lazy!) and it lasts about a week on my skin, depending on how many coats I apply.

It is slightly expensive at £20 per bottle but compared to other leading brands, the bottle lasts quite a while and I can honestly say it is the best self tanner for colour, ease of application and streak free, even tan that I have ever used.

• Quite a few times