Hoseasons, Seaview Holiday Village Review

blah blah15's review of Hoseasons, Seaview Holiday Village

“This was my families 4th visit to this lovely part of...”

Written on: 06/08/2008 by blah blah15 (1 review written)

Dill the entertainer

Site needs modernisation, bar/restaurant is only open in the evenings, I never saw the paddling pool cleaned for the 2 weeks we were there. No designated area for dogs to fowl.

General Comments
This was my families 4th visit to this lovely part of the world. Usually, we stay at a Park Dean park but thought we'd try and find somewhere cheaper.
Seaview holiday village is a pleasant holiday park. We stayed in one of the more expensive caravans. Our caravan was clean and tidy. However, a lot of the accommodation is in need of modernisation especially the bungalows.
The food and drink were reasonable in price and the food was pretty good. The only problem is the bar and restaurant are shut until 6 in the evening and the shop is closed from 12-3.
Another downside has to be the launderette on site. Only one of the two washing machines and dryers were working which considering the size of the park is pretty bad. However, I was told that they are going to be rebuilding that part of the site and it would have more machines etc.
Besides Dill the entertainer in the evening, there entertainment isn't that good.
As for the pools, the large outside pool was fine as was the indoor pool. Both of these were cleaned daily. However, I never saw them clean the toddler pool, it was absolutely filthy with cigarette butts etc.
The staff seemed okay, but not very approachable. On speaking to a number of holiday makers, a lot of them were not happy about the accommodation standards and some people had to be moved into an alternative caravan/bungalow.
Dogs are also welcomed on the site and are welcome in the club house. I don't own a dog, and had no problem with dogs being allowed. However, I didn't allow my children to play on the grass near the caravan as dogs were using it as there toilet! They should have a designated area for the dogs to fowl as I don't consider the current situation to be particular clean or hygenic especially when you've got young children.
This site is okay to use as a base, but I don't think it was worth the money that we paid. If you are looking to just stay on site, then I wouldn't stay here as there is nothing to do other than swim. We're going to go back to Cornwall next year, but we are going to pay the extra and stay and Park Dean as you do get what you pay for.